Hand Sewn Card

Something a bit different for me today - a card with some hand sewing on. I have made one other card similar to this one (which can be found here: https://lillys-craftcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/thank-you.html) but apart from that it's a very different style of card to my usual.




The butterfly die is one of the free dies that came with my Gemini die cutting machine, and I shaped the wings for a bit of dimension. The flower is cut using Heartfelt Creations vintage florets dies, with the lower layer cut from vellum and the top layer cut from pearly paper with some ink added to the edges. The leaves are cut using Sue Wilson's olive branch dies (another of my favourite dies - I turn to these time and time again!). Mats of silver and green core'dinations were added to the pink panel, with some Tonic Nuvo drops in the corners of the card to finish it off. The finished card is 6"x6".




I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1801 anything goes http://pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/pip-challenge-1801.html
Crafting From The Heart #189 anything goes http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/challenge-189-team-b-8th-january-digi.html
Paper Nest Dolls anything goes http://thepapernestdollschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/january-challenge.html


Thanks for stopping by - I'll be back on Friday with my GDT card for Crafty Catz Challenge. Have a good week.

Comments

  1. Oh my!!! All that threading!! I would have to frame that! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the threaded frame. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart this week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog - I love reading them and really appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Catz Challenge - Add Pearls

Crafty Catz Challenge - Add a Butterfly

Hunkydory Prism Watercolour Pencils